Friday, April 15, 2011

You don't know it all

Again with the opinions. It's like the Grinch, hating all the noise, noise, noise. I hate the opinions of people who stick their nose where it doesn't belong. Gahhhsssshhh (That'd be an exasperated gosh).

I've never wanted a customer to leave so bad. From the beginning this old man had something to say. I feel bad...almost....like I'm biased against the elderly. I'm really not. There are so many people that come in who are elderly that I love and look forward to seeing. I also love my grandmas, let it be known. I've never seen this guy before and I care never to see him again.

First he was trying everything we had to offer on god's? (God's?) eh, unimportant....great earth. He ordered the fish fry...but broiled. This comes with french fries and cole slaw. People who come in love our cole slaw and many people opt out on the fries to get something a bit less dense. So no fries. "What can I get instead?" Always the next question. Potato salad or macaroni salad, or for a bit extra some homemade mac and cheese. Potato salad. Ok great. On to the slaw. He wants to try it. I oblige. Tells JC, worst cole slaw he's ever had, insists something in his fridge called German cole slaw is the truth. I don't know what that is. Also tries to lend his vast knowledge of cole slaw, if the cook ever wants to know, he says. So no slaw. That leaves about nothing to substitute. He wants to try the mac and cheese. Once again, I oblige him. Says he doesn't like it but eats the whole solo cup anyway. End result, broiled fish with potato salad. Whilst waiting for his food JC is taking Tylenol for the headache she feels creeping up. "You should take Advil, Tylenol's no good for you." Wow. I wanted to just snap an evil woman look at him right there and ask him what business of his it really was. For all he knew she could have some crazy allergy to Advil discovered by a near death experience. Then what? He probably wouldn't have cared.  Next he asks JC what she is drinking. Gatorade. Once again he insists that is bad for you. What??? Since when? JC proceeded by sharing her triumph of killing the Coca-Cola monster. That crazy caffeine and sugar mix really does create an addiction. And she had one, but she decided to stop and has been doing well, even though there is a cooler full of it right in front of her face. Somehow this man thinks that Sprite is a better alternative because it is caffeine free. Still soda sir. Still bad for you. Not to mention the citric acid wears the enamel on your teeth down like a mother. For someone who seems so well versed in things that are bad for you, I say he really made an oopsie with that one. Oh and he didn't even like the potato salad made another suggestion then proceeded to make it a point to say he was a finicky eater. Why even go out to eat?

So that guy....he made my blood simmer. Pretension is an attribute I have little patience or time for.

Coming this weekend....my bizarre food/eating habits/anxiety/micromanagement and why it's quite amusing that I waitress.

One more thing....with the old people. Our car was hit today by one. A foreign one that tried to leave and told my boyfriend she wasn't supposed to have the car. No way? You mean you're not supposed to be driving. I would never have guessed that by the way you took a right through an intersection onto a two lane opening and then hit the bumper of the car all the way in the left hand turning lane in the opposite direction of traffic. Unfreakingreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment