Friday, April 1, 2011

Oh what a night

And not in a happy way. Ugh. Too much to really explain, and not much to do with the customers. Overwhelming to say the least. Glad it's over, not glad it starts again at 7 a.m. Good news really is next two weekends off! Bully for me.

Not much to report in the way of crazy customers. I did overhear my last customer of the evening say the service wasn't that good. I don't know what was so bad about it. Attentive as usual, overly even. Maybe because the soup and salad was ordered after the entree order had already been put in so they came out too dangerously close together for these folks maybe. Sent them back to sit under the heat lamp. Never got that. Eat in tandem. Enjoy all the tastes of life at once! Why not....better than getting food that has been under the heat lamp I always say. Not really, but I will now because it applies. That's actually never happened before. Maybe it's an old person thing again, I dunno.

I feel the need to touch upon my previous post, calling waitressing a craft. Probably because of my night.  It is a job that requires a lot of focus and personality. Good personality. I am one of three at my job. That means I have to be reliable ALL of the time. No personal drama allowed as interference. Peoples poor choices and crazy lives always interfere. I get punished because I'm reliable and know how to avoid these things pretty well with a firm grasp on reality. I'm depended on by my employer and the customer, and relatively convinced I could wait tables anywhere. I wouldn't necessarily want to, but I could. What I'm getting at is that too many people don't realize what really goes into it, and most aren't selfless enough to be successful or even mediocre at it. Most people just take it for granted. ::le sigh::

That's about all I have the energy for. I've been sparse this week out of circumstance, which is blatant lack of motivation and current material. Life, mainly puppy life, has me exhausted. I forgot how hard it is. I love and enjoy it, but sometimes it is too much puppiness. Serious lack of personal time.

Guessing this weekend of work won't leave me high and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment